With no UI for server, it is going to be lot of documentation read if you wanted to share your Mac’s mouse. But sharing your PC’s mouse and keyboard is a bit easier, but not straightforward if you’re a PC..
These steps did the trick.
- Check the name of your PC.
- Right-click My Computer, Properties –> Computer Name is there
- Let’s assume this value is “Vijay-Core7”
- Check the name of your Mac
- System Preferences –> Internet & Wireless –> Sharing
- Computer Name is on top. “My-Mac”. There’s a note saying it can be accessed over the network as “MacBook-2.local”
- Configure your Synergy Server , mac on the right, PC on the left as below
- Download Synergy on your Mac, extract all to desktop, run following commands:
- sudo su
- <enter password>
- cp synergy* /usr/bin
- Run the following command to start synergy client
- synergyc Vijay-Core7.local