Here’s the case I solved today:
I have a desktop computer which I connected to two monitors which I use independently at different times. If it was a laptop I would use FN-F4 or FN-F8.. But a desktop keyboard doesn’t come with an FN Key…
- I used “Extend these displays”, but it wastes power when I don’t use the second monitor and I still have to reach out to the second monitor for the start menu and task bar whenever I need to
- Then I started going to display settings and using “Show display on Desktop 2 only” option. But I’ll have to run to the other monitor before it times out.
- I searched online for NView desktop manager. Apparently it is now only supported for the Quadro GPUs.
- Then I got UltraMon.. This one works..but there’s a few steps…
- Go to UltraMon tray icon->Profiles –> New
- Setup the monitors
- Save Profile 1
- Add profile 1 shortcut to the quick launch..
- Do the same for Profile 2..!